Monday, August 2, 2010

Montauk and the Argentine Bicentennial Polo Match

There is something truly special about being by the water... Maybe it's because I'm a crab or perhaps I was a fish in another life... but this weekend Montauk was serene, and it reminded me the joys I get from simple things, such as having breakfast with my closest friends or walking on the beach.

My stylish friend Rox by the pool 
Breakfast at Babette's in East Hampton


On Sunday we went to a polo benefit match at the Meadowbrook Polo Club. Nacho Figueras and the Black Watches played a friendly match to benefit Cruzada Argentina and HelpArgentina, two non-profits that promote social and economic development. 

Nacho Figueras, the attractive Team Captain and the face of Ralph Lauren's Black Label. 


Let the polo begin...
Nacho about to score
Kids play freely on the field 

Hanging out with Nacho Figueras after the game
The 6-goaler offers a private one hour polo lesson to the highest bidder


The winning team about to get the trophy.
Delfina, Nacho's wife, and the kids.

Mariano Aguerre, one of the most talented polo players in the world
and his beautiful horse...







No comments:

Post a Comment