Monday, August 16, 2010

Who doesn't cry at weddings?

Although wedding season is coming to an end, I am inspired this month to write about wedding makeup. One of my best friends is getting married this weekend and I am doing the make up for the mother of the bride and the maid of honor and bridesmaids. We have all cried already many times: at the bridal shower, at the dress fitting, walking down the street…so I can probably guess that there will be lots of crying on the day of the wedding. The women I am putting make up on do not usually wear makeup so I needed to find a natural look that was also sweat and tear proof. MAC’s fluidline eyeliner stays on even on my inner eyelids and doesn’t run or move even after I have been crying watching If You Only Knew Me on MTV. I am obsessed. With both the show and the eyeliner.

I also found, after stealing my mom's from her make up drawer, hehe Cathy, that Mary Kay makes great concealer and eye shadow that does not cake or crease. For this day, I am using Mary Kay eye shadow in Iris and Sweet Plum. And surprisingly, Mary Kay lipglosses smell really good and while they won't stay on very long or look to bright on your lips, they are super shiny and definitely look great in pictures. I personally like Cream and Sugar which is a sparkly vanilla colored gloss. Actually, this reminds me, I lost mine and I need another one! You can buy Mary Kay Products at Marykay.com. MK is A diamond in the rough I think.



To give your skin a glow, that is pretty but won't take the attention away from the bride, (you dont wan't to make her mad) use a creamy shimmery eyeshadow instead of highlighter on your cheek bones and brow bones. I like Avon Mark Mini Mark Hook Up stick for eyes in pink opal or pink sand. This line is really great and I only recently discovered it.
Congratulations Linds! :)
I will post the wedding pictures next week so you can see the final looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment