Friday, September 17, 2010

There comes a time ...

There comes a time 
when sea and land come to rest. 
There comes a time
when even heavens withdraw.
There comes a time
when weary travellers
need a rest form the journey. 
Rumi







I recently had the opportunity to visit a magical place, Etretat. It is a space of meditation and otherwordly clamness. Two days felt like two months, and a dip in the ocean became a quick ritual to cleanse away all my big city worries. The cliffs imposed themselves on the sea with magnificent authority, and the sunset... oh... just take a look at the gorgeous pictures! I could have stayed up on the cliff until nightfall! 
I have to add that the seafood was delicious and the town absolutely charming. 
Now I'm on a journey back home. I too need a rest from all the fun travels. Time for reflection as one of my best friends in the world is getting married and as I prepare for a long recovery from foot surgery. The excitement of what comes after my temporary withdrawal makes me enjoy the present moment even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment