Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Scent of Richness

GARDENIA

Since I was talking about flowers in my last post I thought it would be nice to include some visuals. Below are some pictures of jasmine, gardenia, tuberose, and ylang ylang. 


JASMINE
 I love jasmine. It reminds me of my childhood. It brings me so many good memories... and years ago I was even more fascinated by it as I walked the streets of Granada in Spain. Jasmine was everywhere and I couldn't resist the urge to put a few flowers on my hair. This was way before I started working in the fragrance industry, so perhaps it was a sign of what was to come... The first fragrance known for using jasmine is Molinard, from 1860!

GARDENIA
Gardenia is another beauty that you'll see floating around in water sometimes. Besides the beautiful delicate aroma of its flower, I really like its shiny thick green leaves. Chanel was using it in 1925... 

TUBEROSE
Tuberose is a lot headier and can be oh just so intoxicating! in the good sense of the word... Think of Fracas from Piguet! It has been around for sixty plus years but a lot of people still wear it. Madonna is rumored to be one of them... 

YLANG YLANG
Did you know that ylang ylang is the "flower of flowers" and that by repeating the word "ylang" twice you are basically emphasizing  its beauty? I know someone who went to an island off the coast of Africa recently to get a first hand look at these richly fragrant flowers. Imagine if that were your job? I want to travel around the world to discover new scents and explore different qualities of flowers. The experience has to be amazing and you get to bring their beauty back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment