Thursday, October 14, 2010

La Couleur du Faux Automne

 
A few weeks ago, I was gallery hopping in Williamsburg with my painter friend Melissa. We made some nice discoveries on our way to a typical Saturday party at Miss Favela. What remains though, is not the vibrant greens and yellows of their walls, but rather the different shades of browns that are so distinctive of nature in fall and which continue to inspire fashion and makeup collections year after year. 

I might not be walking around New York City today but I can still draw inspiration from the season's colors and pretend I'm seeing the first leaves of Fall come down...
I have put my boots to rest for a while but I love how nicely they blend with the asphalt.

Layer the cake? The colors surely suggest that there is a gourmand inspiration. I can't say that I'm complaining about that... I like this mix of Calypso accessories because there is lot of texture in my favorite shades of browns. Caramel, dulce de leche, cafe con leche or chocolate amargo? Regardless of which one I choose in the end, the result is a warm and chic look. Plus I'm thinking about how handy the hat and gloves will come in to survive another winter in New York...
 
The look of Rapsodia's Urban Safari is bohemian, hip, and very laid back. It qualifies as faux automne because it is actually a spring look! I love that the items are so versatile... 
Once I'm ready for such new heights, I think I will go for the Calypso clog. 
It is the perfect transition shoe...


AND for the finishing touch...


 I'm always a fan of the perfect red nail polish. Other than that, I am leaning towards the grays, golds, and browns and curious to try green for the first time. They match perfectly with my brown wardrobe and add a little more fun to a reflective fall. However, I'm still not ready to give up Mauve Cendré, which I can't get enough of!

Nail polish is THE accessory of the season!

N-
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment