Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Beauty and Desire Found

Although we work together, it was only during our July trip to Montauk that I got to know Melissa better. She is one of those people you rarely encounter in life, highly talented and also extremely humble. One wouldn't guess that she worked so many years in advertising... I had only seen M's drawings on her business card and I must admit that I've never seen a business card fly so quickly before! We were at a polo match and everyone was begging for the horses! A few weeks later, I politely (and forcefully...) invited myself to her studio. There, as I stood in awe, I discovered all about her painting process and her wildest dreams...

You see, Melissa's watercolors are large scale renditions of her dreams, revealing her deepest emotions and uncovering the most profound layers of the unconscious. Melissa's sensitivity and compassion are unparalleled. The result, a mix of mythology, marvel, and delight. Beauty and desired are truly found.

Nowadays, Melissa and I take trips to Italy almost every day. Our cappuccino fix is one of those moments that help us gather the inspiration we need to make it through the day and allow us to dream freely at night... 
starfish warn of pirates 
2 whales in my bucket
hidden for good reason
sometimes a boy sometimes a horse 2
sometimes a boy sometimes a horse 3

You can discover more of Melissa's work at the Saatchi Gallery! http://www.saatchionline.com/profiles/portfolio/id/93131
N

Photos: courtesy of Melissa, http://www.saatchionline.com/profiles/portfolio/id/93131
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment