Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The beauty of dance

About 10,000 spectators got to see an amazing free dance performance of Carl Orff's Carmina Burana at the Buenos Aires Obelisk on Monday. It was performed with incredible passion by the Ballet Contemporaneo del Teatro San Martin. I consider myself to be a tough critic when it comes to ballet or any type of dance (tango, flamenco, you name it...) but I must say that this performance was absolutely outstanding! The coreography, carried out with impeccable technique and even higher grace, left everyone speechless. The lighting and costumes were a perfect match for the Obelisk setting after a rainy afternoon. I so wish I could have been there, on stage I mean! Time to put on those dancing shoes and enjoy the beauty of dance... 

N
Images via La Nacion

No comments:

Post a Comment